AWS is one of Amazon's fastest-growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Xero, Canva and Atlassian as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Woodside, NAB, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Are you obsessed with the business and technology needs of customers and love proactively helping accelerate their adoption of technology solutions? Do you enjoy building awareness and influencing thinking and direction?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a self-starter Industry Program Graduate to scale adoption and impact through industry messaging and solutions in the Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) business. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and execute an industry program for the ANZ business with an initial focus on the financial services industry.
This role is based in Sydney and starting from March 2022
As the ideal candidate, you will bring a passion for digital transformation, cloud computing services and the opportunity to shape industry-specific messaging, solutions and assets for the ANZ market segment. Your responsibilities will include developing a deep, fact-based understanding of industry adoption behaviours and translate this into impact at scale through industry assets and programs. You will have the ability to engage and interact strongly both internally and externally (customers, partners) to execute against these plans and activate new AWS partnerships and channels.
- Serve as a key member of the ANZ Business Development team, driving AWS awareness and strategic customer engagement across the ANZ business
- Research and understand the industry-specific business and technology needs of AWS customers, including industry change drivers, technology trends, regulatory compliance requirements, etc.
- Translate industry understanding into customer-facing and internally-facing material to accelerate customer value, including AWS industry customer collateral, feedback and input to AWS service teams, solutions (e.g. digital innovation prototypes) and other assets (e.g. marketing campaigns, sales plays, etc).
Establish and curate the ANZ industry "knowledge library" for customer and partner impact, including:
- Assemble and catalog local AWS industry assets, including customer references
- Localise selected global AWS industry assets, e.g. making AWS generic industry sales plays relevant to ANZ FSI customers
- Catalog AWS partner industry assets, e.g. AWS partner financial fraud detection solution
- Enable the AWS field team to leverage industry program assets
- Develop and package ANZ industry program learnings and assets for reuse across the AWS global business
- Help build and managed the qualified industry opportunity pipeline(s) through programmatic pipeline management and prioritization
- Deliver segment impact working with customers and key internal stakeholders (e.g. marketing, sales teams, channel teams, service teams etc.) on a range of in-market and internal enablement business development activities
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com (SFDC) and other internal Amazon systems to capture operational data and manage activities
- Prepare and provide regular business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress made and roadblocks being faced
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market segment
- Pursuing tertiary qualifications in finance, business, marketing, technology, or a similar degree by 2021.
- Strong interest in business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
- Demonstrated interest in digital transformation and strong technical acumen
- Strong verbal and written communications skills together with commensurate leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross-functionally across internal and external organizations
- Up to 25% travel, as necessary, to engage with field teams and partners and execute initiatives.
- Relevant internship or other work experience
- FS industry experience and acumen (as priority industry segment)
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Passion for technology startups
- A team player who is also able to work independently
- Proficient in data analysis
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please log in to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status