Quantitative Researchers at Citadel Securities apply advanced statistical techniques to complex data sets to model markets, test hypotheses, and create proprietary trading algorithms. As markets continuously evolve, Quantitative Researchers keep Citadel Securities at the forefront of the industry by constantly adapting models and strategies to identify market opportunities around the globe.
As an intern, you'll get to challenge the impossible in research through an 11 week program that will allow you to collaborate and connect with senior team members and our CEO Peng Zhao. In addition, you'll get the opportunity to network and socialize with peers at iconic venues.
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in an active, live trading environment
- Use unconventional data sources to drive innovation
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals
Your Skills & Talents:
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors or Masters degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g. machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Background working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB), distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce), and analytical packages (e.g. R, Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills