Nova Group is an Australian-owned and operated, leading global services provider.
Founded in 2000, we specialize in the provision of technology-enabled solutions and world-class expertise, to solve the problems that really matter within Defence and Aerospace, Government, and Critical Infrastructure industries.
Nova's businesses include professional services and engineering provider Nova Systems, aerospace engineering firm GVH Aerospace, geospatial firm Geoplex, and software as a service firm two10degrees.
With over 600 employees, Nova operates in offices across Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 Financial Analysts to join our internal Finance Team. A Financial Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely analysis of financial performance and providing consistent, high-quality support to the Nova Group.
Ideally, this role will suit a recent graduate looking to kick start their career or someone with 1-3 years experience in a corporate accounting role or similar.
The role will be based in our office in Adelaide.
What will you be involved in:
- Preparing reports and performing variance analysis against budgets and forecasts;
- Preparing cash flow forecasts and monitoring working capital needs across the Group;
- Supporting the preparation and analysis of project reports and forecasts for significant projects within the Group;
- Supporting the preparation of annual operating, capital expenditure budgets, and periodic forecasts by assisting budget holders to determine estimates and challenge their budget assumptions;
- Supporting maintenance of the budgeting software including preparing budget reports and providing support to other users;
- Reviewing accuracy of project revenue and costs;
- Developing financial models that present performance insights or automate financial processes for the Group;
- Performing periodic reviews of financial data quality;
- Assisting with bid pricing, end of month data preparation, and other ad hoc reporting requirements;
- Acting as a point of contact between the Finance Team and Business stakeholders.
What we would like from you:
- A tertiary qualification in an accounting/finance/numerical discipline;
- Australian Citizen (Preferred) (Australian Permanent Residents may also apply);
- 1-3 years' experience in a Corporate Accounting or similar role (desirable, but not essential);
- Previous experience using MS Office365 including Excel, Word, and PowerBI;
- Previous experience with Oracle Fusion, Microsoft AX, or Netsuit Openair (desirable, but not essential).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team player with a can-do attitude;
- Clear written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work well both individually and as part of a small team;
- Desire to complete CA/CPA or other financial post-graduate qualification.
What you get beyond the paycheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognized as one of the "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Purchase Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humor required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Monique in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.